Welcome to Schäferbarthold!
We are an innovative wholesale distributor of motor vehicle spare parts and accessories and have stood for consistency and growth for more than 90 years.
As a regionally rooted and family-operated company, we see ourselves as a price-performance-optimiser for car dealers, specialists, wholesalers and independent workshops.
The foundation stone for this development was laid in Minden back in 1924. Today, we are known as a reputable supplier of high-quality spare parts. As a result of our marketing and sales activities in Germany and 70 other countries, we were able to increase our turnover by 12%, to over EUR 77 million, in 2016. For this, we have our customers, suppliers and, above all, our motivated team of more than 270 employees to thank.
1924 - The foundation
Foundation of the company by Wilhelm Schäferbarthold in Minden, retail of automotive spare parts, motorcycle spareparts and aircraft propellers.
1952 - First trade show appearance
First trade show appearance at the International Bicycle and Motorbike Exhibition (IMFA) in Frankfurt.
1978 - New location
Relocation from Minden to Porta Westfalica, new building in an industrial area near the "Kaiser Wilhelm" memorial, the emblem of the region.
1988 - Extension of the warehouse
Extension of the storage area by additional warehouse building.
1996, 2002 and 2007 - More space for improved service
After the extension of the company's office building more storage space has been created by another two warehouse buildings.
Today - Worldwide customer network
We are supplier for automotive spare parts and accessories for German and European vehicles with a regular presence at the Automechanika trade fair in Frankfurt. The family owned company is managed in the 3rd and 4th generation. From our central location we serve our customers in the whole world.
Active in the market for more than 90 years
In 1924, when everything began, the company Schäferbarthold mostly dealt with parts, the blacksmiths could not produce theirselves. Those were in particular bowden cables and greases as well as other articles that were used in motor vehicels and aircrafts then.
Here also the former trade name "Schäferbarthold spare parts for motor vehicles and aircrefts" originated. Later the company was called "Propeller House Schäferbarthold". Some employees know this trade name still today. In the course of the years we developed more and more to a wholesaler of automotive and also motorbike spare parts.
After World War II the specialisation on automotive spare parts and the matching accessories has been pushed on. An example for our extensive accessory programme at that time was certainly the own creation of a flower vase for the Volkswagen Beetle!